[Pharo-project] ConfigurationOfPharoVM

Dale Henrichs dhenrich at vmware.com
Sun Jul 8 01:32:01 EDT 2012

Stef,

Good question.

An import of a baseline from a version is recommended. A baseline should have no imports.

So chaining involves importing a baseline from another baseline or a version fron another version.

I admit that I am guilty of chaining and there are probably examples of chaining in the early versions of Metacello, but I found over time that when I wanted to restructure a project that had been chained I spent a fair amount of time "collapsing the chain" ... it gets even more difficult when you try to "collapse the chain" in someone else's project:)

Dale