[Pharo-project] [ANN]: Vim Shortcuts for Nautilus (Proof-of-concept)

Sean P. DeNigris sean at clipperadams.com
Sat Jul 7 21:13:52 EDT 2012

Sean P. DeNigris wrote

> - how do I remove an individual shortcut or shortcut category from a
> morph? (so I can toggle the command/insert mode shortcuts)

I'm having trouble toggling insert mode... Right now I have
AbstractNautilusUI class>>buildInsertModeKeymappingsOn: aBuilder
	<keymap>

	(aBuilder shortcut: #commandMode)
		category: #NautilusSourceCodeShortcuts "#VimInsertModeShortcuts"
		default: Character escape asShortcut
		do: [ :target |
			Editor dumbbellCursor: true.
			target sourceTextArea changed.
			target sourceTextArea attachKeymapCategory: #VimCommandModeShortcuts ].

The problem is that:
* I think I have to put these shortcuts into #NautilusSourceCodeShortcuts to
have them load without overriding anything
* If I don't put them in their own category (i.e. #VimInsertModeShortcuts),
I don't know how to remove them when entering command mode (I only see a way
to remove whole categories)

Guille, Ben - are those assumptions correct and how should I proceed?

Thanks,
Sean