[Pharo-project] [ANN]: Vim Shortcuts for Nautilus (Proof-of-concept)

Guillermo Polito guillermopolito at gmail.com
Sat Jul 7 11:49:47 EDT 2012

Hehe!

On Sat, Jul 7, 2012 at 4:46 PM, Sean P. DeNigris <sean at clipperadams.com>wrote:

> Now that we have Keymapping, why not, right?!
>
> In Pharo 2.0:
>
> Gofer new
>     url: 'http://ss3.gemstone.com/ss/VimPharo';
>     package: 'ConfigurationOfVimPharo';
>     load
>
> ConfigurationOfVimPharo project development load.
>
> 1. open a Nautilus browser
> 2. In the code pane, press escape to enter Vim command mode
> 3. Press the d key twice to delete the current line
>
> Two current bugs
>         - Cursor changed globally when toggling command/insert mode. I
> don't know
> if/how you can change the cursor for just one morph/editor
>         - Once you enter command mode, that morph will always have the
> command mode
> shortcuts
>
> Two Keymapping questions (help, guille!!):
> - how do I remove an individual shortcut or shortcut category from a morph?
> (so I can toggle the command/insert mode shortcuts)

To attach a category to a morph, you have the attachKeymapCategory* methods
in morph (there are several flavors...).
For dettaching, Ben did add some methods as nautilus extensions, but I'm
not seeing them in latest 2.0...

> - how can I restore a morph's shortcuts to the defaults?

try

KMRepository reset

That cleans the shortcut cache and recreates the shortcuts from the specs
again.