[Pharo-project] OSProcess test failures in Pharo 1.4

David T. Lewis lewis at mail.msen.com
Fri Jul 6 23:04:51 EDT 2012

On Fri, Jul 06, 2012 at 04:49:35PM -0400, DeNigris Sean wrote:
> The few that I checked had to do with stdout being closed...
>
> OSProcess-dtl.70
> Mac Lion
> Also tried running with vm from command line
>
> cc/ David Lewis

OSProcess and CommandShell tests run successfully on Pharo 1.4 with an
interpreter VM on Linux. Many of the tests rely on #forkSqueak to set
up the test conditions, and these tests may not run on VMs that cannot
fully support #forkSqueak (which is tricky to do when pthreads are
involved in the VM). But note that the test failures do not mean that
e.g. file locking is broken, they just mean that the file locking tests
will not succeed if forkSqueak is not available on the platform.

There might be some plugin version issues too. The testRedirectStdOutTo
failure happened only when I ran the test on a Cog VM so I suspect this
may reflect an out of date plugin. Sorry I cannot check now to be sure,
but the failure happens with this version:

  OSProcess accessor osppModuleVersionString ==> '4.3.3 Cog'

And no failure with this:

  OSProcess accessor osppModuleVersionString ==> '4.4.11'

Dave