[Pharo-project] SSL plugins in Jenkins one click

Igor Stasenko siguctua at gmail.com
Fri Jul 6 08:36:56 EDT 2012

On 6 July 2012 14:32, Sven Van Caekenberghe <sven at beta9.be> wrote:
> Igor,
>
> On 06 Jul 2012, at 14:20, Igor Stasenko wrote:
>
>> We had a discussion about SSL plugin yesterday,
>> and we decided to use OpenSSL library on windows.
>> This has an advantage, that plugin code will be using same library
>> across all platforms.
>> So, if something works on platform A, then it 99% will be working on platform B,
>> and vice verse.
>>
>> But for that, i must adopt the library bundling mechanism for windows platform,
>> so far it works only on mac.
>> This is on my roadmap, since we want to have freetype and cairo libs
>> bundled as well..
>> so openssl is just another one..
>
> OK, but keep in mind that the Mac version of the plugin is using OpenTransport, not OpenSSL.

I was not aware of that..
Yes, then even better, we can also use OpenSSL on mac too.

> It would be a huge win if at least Mac and Linux would share the same codebase (I can't see any technical reasons why not, Mac OS 7 is died a long time ago), if Windows could do so too, that would be even better.
>
> But are there concrete plans to do this hard work ?

Hard work?
What you mean?

Compiling OpenSSL on windows consists of 3 steps:
./config
make
make test    -- this of course can be skipped

.. as i writing this message an OpenSSL library compiles on my windows box.

now i should copy the ssl plugin code for unix to windows and it
should compile it just fine,
unless there is something very specific for unix which using something
outside openssl library itself.

--
Best regards,
Igor Stasenko.