[Pharo-project] SSL plugins in Jenkins one click

Sven Van Caekenberghe sven at beta9.be
Fri Jul 6 08:32:19 EDT 2012

Igor,

On 06 Jul 2012, at 14:20, Igor Stasenko wrote:

> We had a discussion about SSL plugin yesterday,
> and we decided to use OpenSSL library on windows.
> This has an advantage, that plugin code will be using same library
> across all platforms.
> So, if something works on platform A, then it 99% will be working on platform B,
> and vice verse.
>
> But for that, i must adopt the library bundling mechanism for windows platform,
> so far it works only on mac.
> This is on my roadmap, since we want to have freetype and cairo libs
> bundled as well..
> so openssl is just another one..

OK, but keep in mind that the Mac version of the plugin is using OpenTransport, not OpenSSL.

It would be a huge win if at least Mac and Linux would share the same codebase (I can't see any technical reasons why not, Mac OS 7 is died a long time ago), if Windows could do so too, that would be even better.

But are there concrete plans to do this hard work ?

Sven