[Pharo-project] New Command Line Behavior

Sven Van Caekenberghe sven at beta9.be
Thu Jul 5 15:36:26 EDT 2012

Hi (Camillo),

Is there some place that describes the new features of the command line ? ;-)

I was just trying a bit right now (in Linux, latest VM, latest mage).

It seems that just starting an image with no args results in it reading an expression from stdin, right ? But I have to do a ctrl-d to end the input and have it evaluated and printed. And then the image quits, no repl loop ?

Also for the eval option, it does not work, unless I do a ctrl-d manually. You once posted this example:

./bin/CogVM -vm-display-null -vm-sound-null Pharo-2.0.image eval '1+2'

Should it still work ?

Sven

PS: the colored error output it cool !

--