[Pharo-project] I added a german wikipedia article on pharo.

Helene Bilbo thereluctantprogrammer at fastmail.fm
Thu Jul 5 04:59:07 EDT 2012

Sean P. DeNigris wrote

Pharo, as a Smalltalk is "a powerful information system... that can grow as
the user's ideas grow.". It is composed of a Programming Language - "an
interface between the models in the human mind and those in computing
hardware" - and a User Interface, which "matches the human communication
system to that of the computer" (quotes from the Blue Book). As a live,
open, dynamic environment, it is much more than just "a programming
language", which is why straight syntax comparisons to other languages miss
the point.

Yes you are right, of course. This should be taken into account in a
wikipedia entry.

What my question was about, was rather: Is is still Smalltalk? And i ask,
because the first line on the Pharo homepage says it’s:
"Smalltalk-inspired“.