[Pharo-project] Putting Cairo in the VM?

Igor Stasenko siguctua at gmail.com
Thu Jul 5 03:15:25 EDT 2012

On 4 July 2012 22:44, Fernando Olivero <fernando.olivero at usi.ch> wrote:
> Igor, for consistency of the whole Athens-Cairo backend, could you
> also add the following libraries to the VM plugins folder, shipped
> with Jenkins?
>
> Pango:            libpango-1.0.0.dylib
> Pango-Cairo:  libpangocairo-1.0.dylib
>
> I've attached the build (using MacPorts and universal binaries
> options), i'm using .

It doesn't works that way.
The libraries must be built from scratch on build server and have id
set & (inter)dependencies relative to .app folder.
Otherwise VM app won't work if you copy it on fresh mac machine
(without ports installed).
Manual copy of binaries, is not a solution. We should control our
world more better.

For including these libs , it will require to add them into the build loop.
Yes, i agree that having pango would be nice as well, but let me
finish with cairo first:
- we also have windows platform, and it needs to work there too (means
built automatically on jenkins server).

But if you want things to happen faster,  i encourage you to look at
how it's done in CMakeVMMaker, so you can help with sketching the
pango library configuration.

You mainly need to create a class in CMakeVMMaker, to represent this library.
For details look at my blog post
http://computeradventures.wordpress.com/2012/06/10/bundling-vm-with-thirdparty-libraries/
as well as for existing classes describing cairo/freetype libs in
CMakeVMMaker package.

--
Best regards,
Igor Stasenko.