Dale Henrichs dhenrich at vmware.com
Wed Jul 4 12:30:55 EDT 2012

Dennis,

If you look at the Cypress format[1] (used by FileTree), it is the Monticello package structure "serialized to disk". Reading the Cypress format from disk is no different than materializing the Monticello package structure from an .mcz file. So any program that an reason about the definitions from an .mcz file can reason about the definitions from the Cypress format.

Cypress format may look like text, but to me I see Smalltalk objects:)

Dale

[1] https://github.com/CampSmalltalk/Cypress/blob/master/img/CypressStructure-STIC2012.png