[Pharo-project] Setting MC cache directory (was renggli mirror created on smalltalkhub)

phil at highoctane.be phil at highoctane.be
Wed Jul 4 11:47:08 EDT 2012

Well, these so-called standards are well and nice but frankly, even my vim
editor uses the same as maven and friends.

Some examples: .m2, .mc, .inkscape, .subversion, .hg, .gitconfig, .Xcode,
.cache, .cups, .wireshark, .netbeans

All in my ~ on *nix and in %USERPROFILE% on Windows

There are standards and defacto standards. I am with the second ones.

Having package-cache embedded inside the application on OSX is plain ugly.
Like storing your data in "Program Files". Erk!

Anyway, I can put it where I want on my own, so let's end this thread.

Phil