Dale Henrichs dhenrich at vmware.com
Wed Jul 4 11:44:47 EDT 2012

Herby,

As Stef and Sven have pointed out, the support for git and github is not quite there ... I provide details of what is in my other post.

The basic idea is that Metacello[1] will make it possible for an orderly migration of projects to git/github.

The real advantage of github is not as a mirror site, but as the primary project hosting site ... Here are a couple of the very cool collaborative features of Github:

 - per project issue list[2]
 - here's a pull request discussion[3] with line by line
   annotations of the code diff
 - here's the continuous integration history[4] for the metacello project a
   build is launched by TravisCI on each "push" to the repository. For the
   master branch of the Metacello project I build against both pharo and squeak[5].
   the build loads and runs the unit tests. If the unit tests fail, I get a summary[6]
   of the failed tests.

Dale

[1] https://github.com/dalehenrich/metacello-work
[2] https://github.com/dalehenrich/metacello-work/issues?direction=desc&sort=updated&state=open