Sean P. DeNigris sean at clipperadams.com
Wed Jul 4 10:52:02 EDT 2012

Frank Shearar-3 wrote

> I seem to recall Sean DeNigris showing
> a screenshot of vim that "stitched" multiple files together to solve
> the "FileTree problem".

The screenshot (a proof of concept constructed manually, not a plugin) is
attached to:
http://forum.world.st/project-directory-structure-git-for-smalltalk-tp4420849p4633038.html

In that thread, we argued the file-per-method-or-class thing out pretty
thoroughly. The consensus seemed to be that the method is the smallest
logical unit of source code, and basing SCM on anything larger loses power.
Of course, any view can be created on top, and if a-class-at-a-time makes
sense in a certain context, it should be easy enough to create that illusion
(just like we do now with browsers).