Goubier Thierry thierry.goubier at cea.fr
Wed Jul 4 10:08:15 EDT 2012

Le 04/07/2012 15:58, Damien Cassou a écrit :
> On Wed, Jul 4, 2012 at 3:54 PM, Dennis Schetinin <chaetal at gmail.com> wrote:
>> I think of storing objects that represent operations I applied to my
>> program: an ivar was renamed, a piece of code was extracted as a method, a
>> method was moved to another class, etc. And those *live objects* can have a
>> behavior that allows them to be applied to another program. This way I can
>> think of applying other users' modifications to the code I've already
>> modified: e.g., I've just renamed the same ivar (among other changes I don't
>> want to loose), but the name my coworker invented was better and I want to
>> apply that *particular* change.
>
> you have semantic patches for that. See coccinelle
> http://coccinelle.lip6.fr/sp.php

Have you really tried to write patches in Smpl for Coccinelle to say that ?

Smpl is great, but for a broken developement model. How do you think you
manage conditional code (#ifdef and friends) with tools like that ?

It's a lot easier to do semantic actions on source code when you have a
nice semantic layer on top of it (as Smalltalk provides).

I don't think you will find equivalents. You will find work-arounds on
text-based systems which may fit.

Thierry
--
Thierry Goubier