Esteban Lorenzano estebanlm at gmail.com
Wed Jul 4 09:55:36 EDT 2012

be my guess :)
If you can propose and do a new one, be sure that we all going to use what is better... problem is that our time (all of us, including, I suppose, you) is scarce... and then, what we need is to adopt the best solution with our possibilities, and that might not be the "perfect" solution, because otherwise we will take years until we finish anything.

Also... all tools can be improved up to a point... if for improve MC you need to change everything... then is easier to start from scratch. That's the life-cycle of everything, including software :)

I ask again... what do you see in MC that cannot be done (with proper image-side tools) with Git, Mercurial, Darcs, etc.?

best,
Esteban

ps: I can tell you something that cannot be handled with text based systems (and also not with MC), and would be possible in a object source manager: Refactor versioning.