Dennis Schetinin chaetal at gmail.com
Wed Jul 4 09:54:25 EDT 2012

> What can you do else than storing text?

I think of storing objects that represent operations I applied to my program: an ivar was renamed, a piece of code was extracted as a method, a method was moved to another class, etc. And those *live objects* can have a behavior that allows them to be applied to another program. This way I can think of applying other users' modifications to the code I've already modified: e.g., I've just renamed the same ivar (among other changes I don't want to loose), but the name my coworker invented was better and I want to apply that *particular* change.

In short, I would like to avoid treating source code as a text (which is just one possible way of representation) and keep it as live objects. Does it sound absolutely incapable?

Best regards,
Dennis Schetinin