Camillo Bruni camillobruni at gmail.com
Wed Jul 4 09:40:48 EDT 2012

On 2012-07-04, at 15:34, Dennis Schetinin wrote:

> "MC is not good enough" and "We should use Git" are a bit different thoughts.

MC's model of versioning stuff / changes representation is fairly ok

However everything that leaves the image is deadly broken :D
So the main issue here is the MC backends which are horribly inefficient and
do not scale very well.

Then there are of course issues in the image itself:
- a merge browser that doesn't allow me to merge manually (that has to be improved)
- a complete parallel structure for describing methods / classes ...
- UI tools that literally are from the last century

> If MC is not good enough we should improve it or create better tools, but (for me) Git seems to be a wrong direction for that. I've tried to explain in another message why.

Git is a storage mechanism which scales and opens up smalltalk to people which
don't like images.