Camillo Bruni camillobruni at gmail.com
Wed Jul 4 08:48:33 EDT 2012

>>> I have used/tried FileTree/Git(hub) a bit and it is cool and it works.
>>> But I do miss (tools) integration in the image.
>>> The workflow also changes a bit, it is no longer all Smalltalk.
>>>
>>> IMHO it is not yet quite ready.
>>
>> indeed. I remember that my solution didn't change a thing from the image side
>> experience. It was "simply" a git backend for MC.
>
> But maybe we are talking about different things ?
>
> I used Dale's stuff ( http://github.com/svenvc ), is your FS-Git different ?
> Where can we read about it ? (a.k.a. documentation ;-)

A demo was run under https://github.com/dh83/fs-git

I didn't fully completed the code, so my model of class-extensions i wrong.
But dale's filetree is quite close to it, I simply don't care about storing
additional meta-data for monticello :P since that's not necessarily needed.

The image side-extensions are here:
	http://ss3.gemstone.com/ss/fs-git.html/

But I don't remember which is the last version of Pharo it ran on, plus
most probably FS got refactored a bit in the meantime...

Most of it was developed by Max Leske in Berne for his master, and most of
it is nicely test covered :)