Herby Vojčík herby at mailbox.sk
Wed Jul 4 08:39:38 EDT 2012

Camillo Bruni wrote:
> On 2012-07-04, at 14:02, Sven Van Caekenberghe wrote:
>
>> On 04 Jul 2012, at 13:50, phil at highoctane.be wrote:
>>
>>> I am using Mercurial for all of the other projects and technologies.
>>>
>>> With a full copy of everything locally, it helps indeed when we get crashes...
>>>
>>> But GIT/Hg isn't giving you the change sorter.
>> I have used/tried FileTree/Git(hub) a bit and it is cool and it works.
>> But I do miss (tools) integration in the image.
>> The workflow also changes a bit, it is no longer all Smalltalk.
>>
>> IMHO it is not yet quite ready.
>
> indeed. I remember that my solution didn't change a thing from the image side
> experience. It was "simply" a git backend for MC.

But, well, you should then do something with near-zero obstacle
experience, like mirroring all included-by-default packages on github or
butbucket, uploading your wrapper/backend with ConfigurationOf and all
bells and whistles into some MC repository (SmalltalkHub?), include with
it the code that automatically re-assigns repository paths from
SqueakSource/whatever into github, so people can just load it and get in.

That way, more or them could actually try.

Herby