Sven Van Caekenberghe sven at beta9.be
Wed Jul 4 03:39:24 EDT 2012

On 04 Jul 2012, at 09:28, phil at highoctane.be wrote:

> There must be a business behind all this to take care of the funding and the daily operations.

More than a year ago I did this:

MCHttpRepository
	location: 'http://mc-mirror.s3-website-eu-west-1.amazonaws.com/ZincHTTPComponents/'
	user: ''
	password: ''

It is a proof of concept, a (now no longer up to date) copy of a repository DIRECTLY hosted by Amazon S3 (works only for public, read-only repositories). It would not be a lot of work to set up a copy process that keeps the mirror up to date for the top 100 projects or so. I would cost some monthly resources though.

I also did this:

	http://mc.stfx.eu

which is a full MC repo (storage only) that is also backed by S3.

Sven

--
Sven Van Caekenberghe
http://stfx.eu