[Pharo-project] Text for 1.3 announcement?

Marcus Denker marcus.denker at inria.fr
Fri Oct 21 09:24:11 EDT 2011

On Oct 21, 2011, at 3:17 PM, Igor Stasenko wrote:

> On 21 October 2011 13:59, Schwab,Wilhelm K <bschwab at anest.ufl.edu> wrote:
>> I am concerned about the error handling failure that I (easily) encountered, at least on Linux.  Has anyone tried to reproduce it?
>>

> How does that prevent from releasing 1.3?
>
> If there are obscure bugs, they will be fixed in 1.4.

Or even in 1.3... (just added 3 fixes today).

The thing is that there are indefinit unknown problems. If we wait a week, for sure someone finds another.

"Release" does not mean "Bug free", because "bug free" does not exist.
(and it is even harder in a system with a huge, historical code base and an undefined feature set... I am
always amazed to learn new features that people seem to not be able to life without that I did not even
know existed. How can we gurantee that these don't break? We just can't).

	Marcus

--
Marcus Denker -- http://marcusdenker.de