[Pharo-project] Can this be improved in Glamourous?

Mariano Martinez Peck marianopeck at gmail.com
Sun Oct 16 15:57:41 EDT 2011

On Sun, Oct 16, 2011 at 9:53 PM, Tudor Girba <tudor at tudorgirba.com> wrote:

> Hi Mariano,
>
> On 16 Oct 2011, at 20:39, Mariano Martinez Peck wrote:
>

> > On Sat, Oct 15, 2011 at 11:32 PM, Tudor Girba <tudor at tudorgirba.com>
> wrote:
> > Hi,

> 'GT-Playground'   hence I did:

> not yet ready :).

> #('GT-Inspector' 'GT-Playground' ).

> install, and it even was broken because it installed a different version of
> refactoring browser that is not working in 1.3.

> interested in a fix in this area.
> > >
> > > what is broken? because I spent one full sprint to fix it.
> >
> > Actually it is not broken. Something else is broken by loading an older
> version somewhere in the Moose configuration. I did not have time yet.

> simples things like a cool inspector and a cool workspace?

> The ConfigurationOfGlamour offers groups, but the GlamorousToolikt one does
> not yet. If someone can tell me how to do something like this, I would be
> happy to accommodate the solution.
> > >
> > > in the chapter on metacello groups are explained. I can send you the
> latest version if you want.
> >
> > I know how they work. I was actually referring to the actual code :). It
> is such a big mess to deal with the explosion of combinations.
> >

> > Well, I guess that if you don't know then nobody knows. I mean, Moose is
> your project ;) you know better than us its dependencies.
>

> This comment was not helpful at all.

It was not my intention to be rude. I am only saying that if you already
know the tool there isn't anything I can do to help.
I am just trying to build my own image with Glamourous since I think it is
an important project. All I tried to do is to give you my feedback.
Unfortunately, I cannot use that image you mention because I NEED the last
1.3 stable/released image. I can use your one click image, use it 5 minutes
and let it. For in order to try it for real, I need to have it in my own
images.

Cheers