[Pharo-project] Can this be improved in Glamourous?

Tudor Girba tudor at tudorgirba.com
Sat Oct 15 16:58:37 EDT 2011

Hi,

On 15 Oct 2011, at 22:36, Mariano Martinez Peck wrote:

> Hi Tudor. Today I wanted to give it a try to 'GT-Inspector' 'GT-Playground'   hence I did:

I am happy you decided to give them a try :). But, the Playground is not yet ready :).

> (ConfigurationOfGlamoroust project version: #bleedingEdge) load: #('GT-Inspector' 'GT-Playground' ).
>
> In a Pharo 1.3 release. To my surprise, it took like half an hour to install, and it even was broken because it installed a different version of refactoring browser that is not working in 1.3.

This is due to a broken ConfiguraitonOfRB. I would actually be very interested in a fix in this area.

> So..can I ask.. are all of those projects really needed just for 2 simples things like a cool inspector and a cool workspace?
> do you need Nile, Grease, RefactoringBrowser, EyeSee, Magritte ???
> can I somehow just load a minimal core for those things I need ?

These projects are loaded by the full default ConfigurationOfGlamour. The ConfigurationOfGlamour offers groups, but the GlamorousToolikt one does not yet. If someone can tell me how to do something like this, I would be happy to accommodate the solution.

Cheers,
Doru

--
www.tudorgirba.com

"Every successful trip needs a suitable vehicle."