[Pharo-project] A radical proposal (to cut down dead code)

Tudor Girba tudor at tudorgirba.com
Sat May 28 11:32:24 EDT 2011

Hi,

In Moose we do the same.

Moose builds on the latest stable Pharo, and we use this for daily development. We also use a manual update of the latest Pharo to control the deltas and understand their consequences.

We migrated from Pharo 1.2 to Pharo 1.3 in about an estimated of 10h of work including testing / deploying. This was mostly due to the radical but fantastic changes in Announcements :). From 1.1 to 1.2 it was even less.

So, although lots of things change behind the Pharo hood, the overall compatibility is quite high. And Moose stresses the system. So, I would not overestimate the effort of migrating.

Cheers,
Doru

--
www.tudorgirba.com