[Pharo-project] [Pharo-users] [COTDC] 68#2 MultiTextComposer

Marcus Denker marcus.denker at inria.fr
Fri May 27 02:31:45 EDT 2011

On May 26, 2011, at 10:34 PM, laurent laffont wrote:

> Alain, you know this too :) ?
>
> Laurent
>
> On Wed, May 25, 2011 at 10:51 PM, laurent laffont <laurent.laffont at gmail.com> wrote:
> Today: MultiTextComposer

One of the problems of the text rendering stuff is that the internationalization was just hacked
on top but never integrated.

e.g. there is

	NewParagraph / MultiNewParagraph
	TextComposer / MultiTextComposer

and two CharacterScanner hierarchies (MultiCharacterScanner , CharacterScanner)
that seem to be copies yet randomly are used both...

Just cleaning up would help a lot. And I would not be astonished if it would get even
faster just by cleaning up. (e.g. I removed an isKindOf: MultiNewParagraph from the main
text display routine yesterday...)

	Marcus

INRIA Lille -- Nord Europe. Team RMoD.