[Pharo-project] Questions of understanding

Friedrich Dominicus frido at q-software-solutions.de
Tue May 24 11:37:30 EDT 2011

Ok I spend my time today on building a new virtual machine. And my
assumptions in my last mail were  wrong. The code is not hand-written
but is generated. Now I  understand that. But now I see that while
building the virtual machine the stuff probabably is taken form the
PharoV10.sources file  from which it seems SerialPlugin.c is build.

Now in PharoV10.sources there is are not the patches to use ports by
Name as needed in Linux. So now my question is. After I've build a new
virtual machine how can I  modify one of the plugins to update  them.

So the sources file contains things like openPort but not
openPortByName. So what do I have to do to get into the patches such
that the new SerialPlugin.c can be generated?

Ah yes I used the pages at
http://marianopeck.wordpress.com/2011/04/10/building-the-vm-from-scratch-using-git-and-cmakevmmaker/

for learning that....

Regards