[Pharo-project] [Hudson] Jenkins

Marcus Denker marcus.denker at inria.fr
Sun May 22 05:08:09 EDT 2011

On May 22, 2011, at 10:46 AM, Geert Claes wrote:

> Marcus Denker-4 wrote:
>>
>> Yes, the IT services provide infrastructure that creates Jenkins setups.
>> E.g. we can
>> request one for RMOD, and there will be one for Rmod.
>>
>> Yes, we could request them to extend this meta-setup it with changing the
>> look. But the thing is that
>> this *We* can not do, but the admines would need to do it. And it would be
>> work to provide
>> a UI for uploading images, checking they are good...
>>

> Provide a UI for uploading images? Say what?

There is one *generic* Jenkins for all of INRIA. (a template: request a CI server --> a CI server
is set up. Automatically, configured to look into LDAP for account data, for example).

This is why it took a while to move to Jenkins from Hudson.
Remember, INRIA is not just RMod.

To put into that the possibility of changing the look means to provide a *generic* way that
everyone can modify the look. Whithout manual intervention. This is *work* and this is *not important*.
This combination makes it very unlikely to happen anytime soon.

And really: Is this important enough to even discuss it?

	Marcus

INRIA Lille -- Nord Europe. Team RMoD.