[Pharo-project] [Hudson] Jenkins

Geert Claes geert.wl.claes at gmail.com
Sun May 22 04:46:26 EDT 2011

Marcus Denker-4 wrote:

> Yes, the IT services provide infrastructure that creates Jenkins setups.
> E.g. we can
> request one for RMOD, and there will be one for Rmod.
>
> Yes, we could request them to extend this meta-setup it with changing the
> look. But the thing is that
> this *We* can not do, but the admines would need to do it. And it would be
> work to provide
> a UI for uploading images, checking they are good...

Provide a UI for uploading images? Say what?

Marcus Denker-4 wrote:

> And my feeling is that they have other things that are more important to
> do (the whole
> setup is in test mode...)
>
> Especially we should *use* it before running back and requesting even more
> changes.
> (and unimportant ones, especially)...
>
> It's just not a good idea to do that now.
>
> Marcus

Look-and-feel has historically always come in second (except at companies
like Apple, even when they were a small) and developers have always defended
the *use* first before *look-n-feel*  ... I reckon its bs!

The 3 images attached are exactly the same size and even have the same name
for crying out loud.  How hard is it really to replace 3 resource images?

Anyhow, it was just a suggestion do with them what you want :)