[Pharo-project] Zinc feedback

Sven Van Caekenberghe sven at beta9.be
Fri May 20 04:46:43 EDT 2011

Igor,

On 20 May 2011, at 10:32, Igor Stasenko wrote:

> So, during image startup, there should be a registration mechanism,
> which registers servers and starting them up.
> Instead of 'Default' single instance.

Currently, all ZnServers understand #start and #stop (which could be renamed or aliased to #startUp and #shutDown).

And there is a system wide startup list whose objects receive #startUp and #shutDown when needed. (I believe there is also this boolean saying if it is just an image save or a real quit, no ?)

So there are 2 possibilities:

1. Zn manages its own list and registers its manager for that just once

2. each Zn server instance registers itself directly (less work for me, more reuse)

Sven