[Pharo-project] VW's ObjectRegistry similar in Pharo?

Mariano Martinez Peck marianopeck at gmail.com
Thu May 19 18:34:38 EDT 2011

Hi guys. We are doing graph traversal (for Fuel) and we would love a
collection to be really fast and only support two simple operations: #add:
and #includes:
The idea is that each object we process of the graph we put it in the
collection and then for each object we have to ask whether it is included or
not (to avoid cycles and putting the same object more than once).

VW seems to have ObjectRegistry (subclass of IdentitySet) which is more or
less that. It is used by ObjectTracer, which in fact is what we want to do.
And even more, Parcels uses that ;) (or an extension of that).

So...I wonder, is there a special collection implementation ideal for this
case?  is something similar to ObjectRegistry available for pharo ?

Thanks in advance,

--
Mariano
http://marianopeck.wordpress.com