[Pharo-project] Error loading update with AnObsoleteTranscript

Alain_Rastoul alr.dev at free.fr
Tue May 17 19:03:37 EDT 2011

Thanks Mariano
It did it for a while (twice because of 'context not in process chain' errors).
Then I had a
***system error handling failed*** Original error: Error MNU: TextAttribute class>> colorBlock: Debugger error: SubscriptOutOfBounds ... etc
message on top line of Pharo's main window
(I had switched to another window then returned to Pharo window again)
I 'll try again tomorrow
:o)

Cheers
Alain

  "Mariano Martinez Peck" <marianopeck at gmail.com> a écrit dans le message de news: BANLkTim2exeJ5=--Nfm-oegmjxV1xQqy6A at mail.gmail.com...
  ahahahahhaha

  HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHH

  SmalltalkImage >> fixObsoleteReferences
      "SmalltalkImage current fixObsoleteReferences.
      SystemNavigation default obsoleteBehaviors size > 0
          ifTrue: [ SystemNavigation default obsoleteBehaviors inspect.
              self error:'Still have obsolete behaviors. See inspector']"

      | informee obsoleteBindings obsName realName realClass |
      Smalltalk
          garbageCollect;
          garbageCollect.
      CompiledMethod allInstances
          do: [ :method |
              obsoleteBindings := method literals
                  select: [ :literal | literal isVariableBinding
                                      and: [ literal value isBehavior  and: [ literal value isObsolete ]]].
              obsoleteBindings
                  do: [ :binding |
                      obsName := binding value name.
                      Transcript
                          show: 'Binding: ';
                          show: obsName;
                          cr.
                      realName := obsName copyReplaceAll: 'AnObsolete' with: ''.
                      realClass := Smalltalk globals at: realName asSymbol ifAbsent: [ UndefinedObject ].
                      binding key: binding key value: realClass ] ].
      Behavior flushObsoleteSubclasses.
      Smalltalk
          garbageCollect;
          garbageCollect

  remove that lines in yellow and try again :)