[Pharo-project] [Esug-list] [ANN] SmallHarbour project

laurent laffont laurent.laffont at gmail.com
Tue May 17 15:51:37 EDT 2011

On Tue, May 17, 2011 at 9:37 PM, Davorin Rusevljan <
davorin.rusevljan at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Tue, May 17, 2011 at 9:19 PM, laurent laffont
> <laurent.laffont at gmail.com> wrote:
> > Actually we have several visions (nothing is final here, ideas welcome)
> ..
>
> Having Amazon ec2 image is also a very good idea, and some
> Smalltalkers have already made first important steps like:
>

> http://www.nickager.com/blog/Create-a-free-Gemstone-server-in-the-cloud-in-10-minutes/
>
> You probably already have enough on your plate, but I mentioned
> CloudFoundry for following reasons:
> - it has a promise that one would be able to deploy SmallHarbour to
> different cloud providers
> - CloudFoundry currently provides support for Java, Ruby and
> Javascript, adding Smalltalk would be nice for visibility, and could
> be used for other Smalltalk services not only SmallHarbour.
>
> As I said you probably have enough to do in the first place, but if
> you just happen to have some student lurking that has some ruby
> knowledge to hack the interface for Smalltalk to Cloudfoundry it would
> be very nice to have :)

Yes. Indeed I would like contributing to SmallHarbour to be easy. So
Cloundfoundry should be one (worthwhile) among several ways to deploy
SmallHarbour platform.

Laurent Laffont - @lolgzs <http://twitter.com/#!/lolgzs>

Pharo Smalltalk Screencasts: http://www.pharocasts.com/
Blog: http://magaloma.blogspot.com/