[Pharo-project] Amazon AWS S3 Monticello Mirror

Sven Van Caekenberghe sven at beta9.be
Mon May 16 03:48:39 EDT 2011

On 16 May 2011, at 09:25, Marcus Denker wrote:

> Yes! We should get that setup... very nice!
>
> Whose Amazon Account do we use?

Currently, the demo is on my AWS account (part of http://zn.stfx.eu).

To set this up properly, I need an AWS account held by some official body. This requires a credit card.
There will be costs for storage on S3, network transfers and some small (micro) EC2 instance running the syncing bot.

Let's say we store 10GB, transfer 10GB each month, run 1 micro instance continuously, that would be close to $25 each month, $300 a year. Doubling to 20GB would add like $5 a month. A new AWS account gets 1 year of a micro instance and some storage/transfer for free, so the first year would be less.

Maybe we should discuss this further off list.

Sven