[Pharo-project] [Moose-dev] Re: Highlight problem with glamour

Tudor Girba tudor.girba at gmail.com
Thu May 12 10:51:39 EDT 2011

Hi,

On 12 May 2011, at 16:44, Marcus Denker wrote:

> On May 12, 2011, at 4:42 PM, Tudor Girba wrote:
>>
>> I did not mean that someone should look into the posted code. I was in a hurry and I simply asked a direct question if anyone has any idea of why 4096 would be a limit for highlighting text in TextMorph. The question had nothing to do with Glamour, but I am sorry if the form of the mail made you waste your time.
>>
>> In any case, I will look into this in more details.
>>

> maybe this is relevant? We should release 1.2.2....

Hmm. Sounds similar, but I am too ignorant.

I could reproduce the problem outside of Glamour. The issue is indeed not with TextMorph, but with PluggableTextMorph:

string := ''.
1 to: 1000 do: [:i | string := string, 'abcde'].
text := ((string asText addAttribute: TextColor red), ('xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx' asText)).
(PluggableTextMorph on: text text: #yourself accept: #value) openInWindow

Cheers,
Doru

www.tudorgirba.com

"Problem solving should be focused on describing
the problem in a way that makes the solution obvious."