[Pharo-project] [squeak-dev] [BUG][FIX] CompiledMethodTrailer

Mariano Martinez Peck marianopeck at gmail.com
Tue May 10 07:56:39 EDT 2011

On Tue, May 10, 2011 at 1:24 PM, Igor Stasenko <siguctua at gmail.com> wrote:

> Okay, seems like i found the bug.
>

> (CompiledMethodTrailer new sourcePointer: 0) testEncoding
>
> fails.
>
> And it happens only when you pass 0 as source pointer!!
> Such an obscure case!

So...this means that after a day and a half of work of the whole community
we finally fix it??  I am happy. Thanks Igor and the rest who helped as well
:)

Now...I am not sure if I understand. I saw your changes and you test. But my
question is what happen with those incorrect CM that are arround. It means
that the next build image, when it does the CompiledMethod cleanUp and
destroy the sourcePointers, I will let correct CMs ?  Does it mean that if I
build a dev image now with such fix, I won't have these weird CMs bothering
me?
Ok....I am trying now....

Thanks a lot to everybody for the effort,

Mariano