[Pharo-project] Issue in loading SqueakDBX Patch

Mariano Martinez Peck marianopeck at gmail.com
Tue May 10 05:40:00 EDT 2011

Hi. I cannot understand why you can use the MonticelloBrowser but not Gofer.
Are you behind a proxy?  if true, check in the menu -> settings -> Network
-> Use HTTP proxy and "Proxy authentification".

The packages to load SqueakDBX IN ORDER are:

>From repo http://source.squeakfoundation.org/FFI

            load : FFI-Pools-eem.2
            load : FFI-Kernel-tbn.20
            load : FFI-Tests-jcg.4
            load : FFI-MacOS-spd.5
            load : FFI-Unix-tbn.3
            load : FFI-Win32-ar.3

>From repo  http://www.squeaksource.com/SqueakDBX

         load : SqueakDBX-Smalltalk-Dialect-tbn.6
        load : SqueakDBX-Dialect-Squeak-MarianoMartinezPeck.6
        load : OpenDBX-Core-GuillermoPolito.283

I don't want to dissapoint you, but be aware that for SqueakDBX you need the
library OpenDBX plus the native database libraries. This is explained in
http://www.squeakdbx.org/Architecture%20and%20desing

In addition, this should be of help:

http://www.squeakdbx.org/Compiling%20and%20installing%20OpenDBX
http://www.squeakdbx.org/Compiling%20for%20different%20backends

Finally, notice that when you have an error like the one of Gofer, you can
send by email PharoDebug.log which should have been created in the same
directory where your .image is. Such file contains all the stacktrace.

Cheers

Mariano