[Pharo-project] How to load Nautilus?

Mariano Martinez Peck marianopeck at gmail.com
Mon May 9 05:51:07 EDT 2011

On Mon, May 9, 2011 at 11:46 AM, Benjamin <
benjamin.vanryseghem.pharo at gmail.com> wrote:

> On May 7, 2011, at 10:46 PM, Mariano Martinez Peck wrote:
>
> I took the latest PharoCore 1.3 and evaluated:
>
>  Gofer new
>                squeaksource: 'Nautilus';
>                package: 'ConfigurationOfNautilus';
>                load.
>

> ConfigurationOfNautilus project lastVersion load
>

> But it says
>
> This package depends on the following classes:
>   SystemAnnouncer
> You must resolve these dependencies before you will be able to load these
> definitions:
>   GroupAnnouncer
>

> Select Proceed to continue, or close this window to cancel the operation.
>

> Then after in the load, I have a DNU in MCWorkingCopy >> modified:
> aBooleanm,    because MonticelloAnnouncer is nil (not defined)
>
> So....how I am supposed to load Nautilus?
>

> Nautilus is based on RPackage so:
>
> - dl PharoCore 1.3 from Hudson
> - load RPackage 3.0
> - load Nautilus (stable or default, should be the same)

Here it works

But the idea is that it works outside your pc ;)

So...if Nautilus is based on RPackage, then you must add it to
ConfigurationOfNautilus as a depdeny. Otherwise, I cannot guess that you
need RPackage.  If fact, I didn'tknow until now.
I don't know where RPackage is, nor which group should I load.

:)

> And if I want the integration with Refactoring Browser,  OCompletion,
> Shout, etc, what should I do? load those packages and magically Nautilus
> will work ?
>

> OCompletion and Shout normally impact only the textMorph.
> I haven't test OCompletion (I do not use it, but I will do it right now),
> but for Shout, load the Shout package, and no, it's not magic, but Nautilus
> works.

ok cool

> For refactoring browser, since Nautilus is based on BrowserEnvironment, it
> should work too. But I have to check and steal some menu's entries from OB.

Cool. I think this is really important :)

--
Mariano
http://marianopeck.wordpress.com