[Pharo-project] Just starting out

Igor Stasenko siguctua at gmail.com
Tue May 3 20:19:36 EDT 2011

On 4 May 2011 00:31, Steve Taylor <stephen.taylor at bom.gov.au> wrote:
> On 03/05/11 16:18, Torsten Bergmann wrote:
>>
>> http://omasko.wordpress.com/2011/05/02/just-starting-out
>
> I just read the article and it mentioned that Cincom aren't allowing
> downloads of VisualWorks Non Commercial, but are insisting that you ask for
> a CD to be mailed. Very strange behaviour for the internet age of instant
> gratification.

Indeed. This is strange.

But you know, there is even more strange stories, like companies who
using smalltalk for
their competitive advantage, but they hiding this fact from others for
obvious reasons.

But the bad side of it that it doesn't helps smalltalk to be more
popular and attract more developers & industry.

So if you hear from some big company official 'we are using .. errr
... Oracle' , don't bet on it :)

--
Best regards,
Igor Stasenko AKA sig.