[Pharo-project] SVN vs Git for the cogvm

Mariano Martinez Peck marianopeck at gmail.com
Tue May 3 10:57:52 EDT 2011

Instead of discussing where to commit I would discuss how to merge and
define the process with VMMaker.  I mean, how WE (the community) and Eliot,
manage the development of Cog (the VMMaker part).

Take as an example today. There is "our branch" which is in
VMMaker-oscog-XXX.NUMBER. For example, the last one is
VMMaker-oscog-MarianoMartinezPeck.66.
Eliot commits are in (since now) VMMaker.oscog-eem.56.  Who merges? Eliot?
us? Would Eliot took the result of the merge as his next base version?
Because suppose I merge it, and I get VMMaker-oscog-MarianoMartinezPeck.67
which is the merge with VMMaker.oscog-eem.56. Will Eliot take that version
and follow his code from that one?
or he will release VMMaker.oscog-eem.5N tomorrow, and we will need to merge
with VMMaker-oscog-MarianoMartinezPeck.6N?  if so, the merge will always be
more complicated and the differences will be more and more...

Cheers

Mariano

--
Mariano