[Pharo-project] SVN vs Git for the cogvm

Stefan Marr pharo at stefan-marr.de
Mon May 2 11:41:20 EDT 2011

Hi:

On 02 May 2011, at 17:22, Camillo Bruni wrote:

> Hi eliot,
>
> I wanted to know if there is a particular reason that you use svn over git?
> Since it is quite a hassle each time to merge the svn history to the git repos, which I think is a bit of useless repetitive work which could be avoided.
+1, a general sync between the Cog git repos and the main SVN trunk would also be very helpful.

> I think it would be nice if you could switch to git as well, actually there is not much difference to svn, and with some nice macros you can make behave almost the same...

Easy git is very nice for ex-svn users like me:
  http://people.gnome.org/~newren/eg/git-for-svn-users.html

And is the best Git GUI I came across so far:
 http://www.git-tower.com/

Best regards
Stefan

PS: Camillo, what happened to the MCGit, it just works?

--
Stefan Marr
Software Languages Lab