[Pharo-project] why (UIManager default newPluggableDialogWindow: 'Pharo is cool') openInWorld

Stéphane Ducasse stephane.ducasse at inria.fr
Sat Jun 18 15:02:43 EDT 2011

On Jun 18, 2011, at 7:58 PM, stephane ducasse wrote:

> why
>
> (UIManager default
> 	newPluggableDialogWindow: 'Pharo is cool') openInWorld
>
> does not work?
> Apparently MorphicUIManager is missing something?
> Stef

(ExampleBuilderMorph new newPluggableDialogWindow: 'Pharo is cool') openInWorld

is working because ExampleBuilderMorph inherits from Morph and not from Object

(UITheme builder
	newPluggableDialogWindow: 'Pharo is cool';
	minimumExtent: 200 at 300) openInWorld

similarly.

Now there is something that I do not understand.
What is the use of the builder since I cannot pass it specific setting

(UITheme builder
	newPluggableDialogWindow: 'Pharo is cool'
	for: (RectangleMorph new);
	beUnresizeable  <<< does not work because the builder (a ComposableMorph does not pass such setting to the PluggableDialogWindow.
	) openInWorld

I would really like to have a nice kernel that support well such approach.
In fact I imagine that we should not use UITheme builder that way.

Stef