[Pharo-project] About 1.2 beta

Schwab,Wilhelm K bschwab at anest.ufl.edu
Wed Oct 27 09:12:49 EDT 2010

Stef,

It would be nice to tackle 2476 (ConnectionQueue) and 1057 (named serial ports).  I have what might be better called improvements than fixes.  For 1057, the comments suggest that I might be fairly far off, having dealt only with getting the code to work.  The way the vm (Linux at least) is designed, I don't see an elegant solution.  I would have expected that opening a named port would produce a descriptor and that reads and writes would be initiated using the latter, but the vm holds onto that, so one passes port number/name to every call; if anything, it "thinks" in terms of names.

Bill