[Pharo-project] akuhn/SUnit: run faster tests first & step through tests

Stéphane Ducasse stephane.ducasse at inria.fr
Tue Oct 26 14:01:35 EDT 2010

On Oct 25, 2010, at 10:12 AM, Niko Schwarz wrote:

> Couldn't Adrian be the maintainer? I could step in, too.

yes but it means being present and reactive.

> I don't really know what you have in mind for a testing framework. We
> have our own independent and fully compatible fork of SUnit:
> akuhn/SUnit, which is quite a strong code basis.

but do we need should, class factory.....

> And on top of that we
> have Phexample, which has its own
> name, some extra features and gives a clear point where Pharo is
> different from the rest.

This is not the difference that we look for. This is addressing people problems.

> Just a suggestion: Let Adrian maintain akuhn/SUnit, perhaps minus the
> "should" syntax that you don't like (as in: #(a b c) size should = 3),
> and make akuhn/SUnit part of Pharo core. The new features (having tests depend
> on one another, "should" syntax) go into Phexample, and I could
> maintain that.

Why not. If adrian wants.
Now first we should have
	- a better name
	- clean the code = remove class factory + add comments
	- make sure that the tools can work with it
	- move the long execution Sunit extension to it
	- make sure that the tests are green
	- integrate/digest latest Sunit feature