[Pharo-project] problem with metacello in 1.2

Mariano Martinez Peck marianopeck at gmail.com
Tue Oct 26 11:19:33 EDT 2010

Hi Dale. No, the error seems reproducable. I am in PharoCore 12215 and I
have the same error when trying to evaluate, for example:

(ConfigurationOfRefactoringBrowser project version: '1.6') load: 'Core
Tests'

But the same happens with any conf, since what is failing is the
ensureMetacello.

Don't know why. I think there was a change in PharoCore where this start to
happen. Maybe debugging you can realise...I couldn't :(

cheers

mariano

On Mon, Oct 25, 2010 at 8:57 PM, Dale Henrichs <dhenrich at vmware.com> wrote:

> Stef,
>
> I've wrapped my head around this one a little more ... the only stack that
> I saw, showed a 'Error: file is too short' error which is probably coming
> from the ZipArchive code ... this usually means that there was a network
> failure when trying to read a file from an HTTP repository. Perhaps
> SqueakSource was being saturated?
>
> Dale
>

> On 10/25/2010 11:44 AM, Dale Henrichs wrote:
>
>> Stef,
>>
>> I'm not sure what problem you are referring to. I haven't released a new
>> version of Metacello since the beginning of September....
>>
>> Dale
>>
>> On 10/24/2010 09:55 AM, Stéphane Ducasse wrote:
>>
>>> Dale
>>>
>>> did something change on the server side?
>>>
>>> This is strange
>>>
>>> 199     - Issue 3048:   MC method cache fix. Thanks Igor Stasenko
>>> 200     - Issue 2653:   Editor cursor fix: remove autoclose in
>>> texteditor.
>>>        - Issue 3128:   AuthorRequestImprovement. Thanks Alain Plantec -
>>> Issue 3099:    Create method in the debugger does not provides
>>> getter/setters implementors. Thanks Hernan Wilkinson
>>> 201     - Issue 1800:   MenuIcons and ThemeIcons should be merged. Big
>>> thanks to alain plantec!!!
>>> 202  - Issue 3070:      weird replacements in TextEditor. Thanks Alain
>>> Plantec!!!
>>> 203  - Issue 654:       inconsistent highlight color. Thanks Alain