[Pharo-project] what happened with Shout colors in Pharo 1.1?

Simon Denier Simon.Denier at inria.fr
Mon Oct 25 05:37:08 EDT 2010

On 23 oct. 2010, at 19:13, Mariano Martinez Peck wrote:

> To customize colors, two solutions:
> 1) hack SHTextStylerST80>>defaultStyleTable
>
> did you do this?  can you share?

Well that's the standard mechanism which was already in place. Just take a look at the comment to learn the format. It's a bit cumbersome to use though.

To change style for instance vars/class vars
	(instVar 								( blue muchDarker ) 		)
	(classVar								( blue muchDarker ) 		)

To change style for class (actually it's more like access to global variables)
	(poolConstant							( blue muchDarker ) 		)
	(globalVar								( blue muchDarker ) 		)

> 2) load latest Shout and use Settings (then you should be able to save/load your style), since there is now a Settings interface
>

> The problem is that I have my own style also....and when you save an style I think you save it completly...I guess you cannot merge, so I will loose my own changes.
> Anyway, can you export and share the style so that I can take a look?

Yes, we talked about that with Alain at Esug. It would be cool if the 'choose packages' button, which filters entries in the settings, would also apply to saving style. That way we could only save partial settings.

Anyway, there's not much to change through the Settings browser. Easier to show there:

Before:

After:

--
 Simon