[Pharo-project] akuhn/SUnit: run faster tests first & step through tests

Niko Schwarz niko.schwarz at googlemail.com
Mon Oct 25 04:11:39 EDT 2010

Couldn't Adrian be the maintainer? I could step in, too.

I don't really know what you have in mind for a testing framework. We
have our own independent and fully compatible fork of SUnit:
akuhn/SUnit, which is quite a strong code basis. And on top of that we
have Phexample, which has its own
name, some extra features and gives a clear point where Pharo is
different from the rest.

Just a suggestion: Let Adrian maintain akuhn/SUnit, perhaps minus the
"should" syntax that you don't like (as in: #(a b c) size should = 3),
and make akuhn/SUnit part of Pharo core. The new features (having tests depend
on one another, "should" syntax) go into Phexample, and I could
maintain that.

Cheers,

Niko