[Pharo-project] what happened with Shout colors in Pharo 1.1?

Mariano Martinez Peck marianopeck at gmail.com
Sat Oct 23 13:13:34 EDT 2010

On Fri, Oct 15, 2010 at 6:40 PM, Simon Denier <Simon.Denier at inria.fr> wrote:

> On 15 oct. 2010, at 17:31, Mariano Martinez Peck wrote:
>
> > They've changed a lot from 1.0. For example, self, super, etc, are not in
> "orange" or that color of 1.0.
> > Instances variables, are blue (instead of black), the same as
> parameters,etc...
> >
> > is there a way to recover the original colors? do we wanted  this change
>  or it is accidental ?
>

> I think the colors in 1.0 were inherited from the dev images build by
> Damien Cassou. In 1.1, the colors comes from the settings of Lukas, who
> maintains Shout? Am I wrong?
>
> I liked the colors in 1.0, but now I am accustomed to the current theme,
> which is very keen to the eye, except for two things that I change:
> - distinguish instance vars/class vars from other variables: I use a
> brownish color for that, as I want to see at once methods accessing the
> state of the object
> - distinguish class references: I use bold black as in the previous style,
> as I want to quickly catch hard dependencies in the code

EXACTLY!!!  this is exacrtly the same that bothers me.

> To customize colors, two solutions:
> 1) hack SHTextStylerST80>>defaultStyleTable

did you do this?  can you share?

> 2) load latest Shout and use Settings (then you should be able to save/load
> your style), since there is now a Settings interface

The problem is that I have my own style also....and when you save an style I
think you save it completly...I guess you cannot merge, so I will loose my
own changes.
Anyway, can you export and share the style so that I can take a look?

Thanks!

Mariano