[Pharo-project] About Object and Model

Hernan Wilkinson hernan.wilkinson at 10pines.com
Fri Oct 22 17:00:31 EDT 2010

I like the idea... a lot of methods should be removed from Object and the
idea of using traits for that is interesting. I support the motion! :-)

On Thu, Oct 21, 2010 at 5:06 PM, stephane ducasse
<stephane.ducasse at free.fr>wrote:

> Hi guys
>
> I'm reading Object and I have the impression that some methods are in
> Object while there should be on Model.
>
> when: anEventSelector
>        send: aMessageSelector
>        to: anObject
>        exclusive: aValueHolder
>
> okToClose....
> taskbarIcon
> taskbarLabel
>
> May be some of these methods should grouped in traits, then applied to
> Model.
> Then if the user wants something else than Model to play the game he can
> simply apply a trait.
>
> I think that this hierarchical decomposition is often forcing us to stack
> methods in the wrong place
> I think that the composition is way stronger and much more flexible than
> hierarchical ordering.
> tell me what you think. I would like to have a nice Object class.
>
> Stef

*Hernán Wilkinson
Agile Software Development, Teaching & Coaching
Mobile: +54 - 911 - 4470 - 7207
email: hernan.wilkinson at 10Pines.com
site: http://www.10Pines.com <http://www.10pines.com/>*