[Pharo-project] About Object and Model

stephane ducasse stephane.ducasse at free.fr
Thu Oct 21 16:06:29 EDT 2010

Hi guys

I'm reading Object and I have the impression that some methods are in Object while there should be on Model.

when: anEventSelector
	send: aMessageSelector
	to: anObject
	exclusive: aValueHolder

okToClose....
taskbarIcon
taskbarLabel

May be some of these methods should grouped in traits, then applied to Model.
Then if the user wants something else than Model to play the game he can simply apply a trait.

I think that this hierarchical decomposition is often forcing us to stack methods in the wrong place
I think that the composition is way stronger and much more flexible than hierarchical ordering.
tell me what you think. I would like to have a nice Object class.

Stef