[Pharo-project] Loading FFI into Pharo?

Friedrich Dominicus frido at q-software-solutions.de
Fri Oct 22 04:33:00 EDT 2010

Mariano Martinez Peck <marianopeck at gmail.com> writes:

> On Fri, Oct 22, 2010 at 10:05 AM, Friedrich Dominicus <
> frido at q-software-solutions.de> wrote:
>
>     Friedrich Dominicus <frido at q-software-solutions.de> writes:
>
>     > "Schwab,Wilhelm K" <bschwab at anest.ufl.edu> writes:
>     >
>     >> I haven't had much trouble with it.  You can look in the inbox for
>     >> Migrate (for how I load it) and the DolphinCompatibility package for
>     >> things that I have added to the ODBC support.
>     > Are there any usage examples for ODBC and Pharo or is it go out and find
>     > out yourself? And another maybe stupid question has anyone used it for
>     > accessing .mdb databases from MS-Access?
>     Ok i'm probabla currently a bit confused. AFAIKT the Pharo I've running
>     here is 32-bit. My machine however is a 64-bit System, so to use the
>     unixodbc I probably would need the 32-bit version of the unixodbc
>     driver. Is that correct?
>

> Yes. Exactly. To compile ODBC you may want to try something like we did in
> SqueakDBX:
>
> http://www.squeakdbx.org/SqueakDBX%20in%2064%20bits
Thanks my confusion has not last that long. I just was puzzling why isql
does connect but Pharo won't. Sure the reason is clear, but it has
catched me. Fine, I'm trying to get unixodbc compiled an installed on my
64 bit box. I just wonder has anyone build a 64-bit Pharo?

Regards
Friedrich

--
Q-Software Solutions GmbH; Sitz: Bruchsal; Registergericht: Mannheim
Registriernummer: HRB232138; Geschaeftsfuehrer: Friedrich Dominicus